Monday, September 25, 2006

Balddees 20 Overrated Films part 2

So there was a mixed reaction to my choice of Overrated Movies the Remo Fan Club realized that there leader left them so they redirected there anger towards me as if I give .
And then you had other open minded people who understood what I 'm trying saying and to them and Remo's Drones I say read on :

Recap of our first 7 :
Gone with the Wind, E.T. , Kill Bill 1 & 2 , Pulp Fiction , Broke Back Mountain , Chicago .

Today I probably will outrage the whole lot of you and but what else am I good for .

Lets start with films that deal with race relations or the lack there of


Green Mile

Would a African American Male being as big as that character was would he really go out of his way to be noticed during that time period. Would he really try and help 2 white kids when he knows That by looking at a white person would lead to his death really ?

Driving Miss Daisy


Oh I got an Idea lets do a film where this old Black guys who has dealt with racism his whole life decides to be patient and tolerant and goes out of his way to understand and befriend a spoiled crabby ass old lady .sure .

Monster's Ball

Is the most sadistic idea for a movie that I have ever heard of it's taken right out of the old slave history books Kill the husband rape the widow I watched that movie and that old history lesson played out for me. It was really hard to watch and then there was the Sex scene As much as any hetro man would not have a problem seeing Halle B take it I had to turn away .
The Common sense factor in this film was impossible to watch Kind of like .

West Side Story

So this guy and his racist buddies terrorize your neighborhood beat up your friends and eventually kill your brother and you still want to do him really ?

Then you have the Uptown Arts Fartsy films that if you don't like them your lame
Well these suck

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

What a self absorbent piece of drivel Please erase her out of my mind .
My lobes melted watching this piece of crap .

Sideways

Here's a good Idea Make everyone feel high class by putting out a low quality film about a half ass writer and his immature friend all in the Californian vineyards with not one funny or interesting thing in the whole fucking film But since it's wine and Wine has a stigma of Elegance you got the point .

American Beauty .

Hype hype hype the unhappy father and his over the top well to do dysfunctional family .
I found the whole thing to be stupid and the death scene meaningless as the whole film .

Then there's the old Hollywood block buster films that suck

Return of the King

Yes I said it this film sucks and it's not because it's Broke Back Middle Earth .
It's because it gets so sappy, and they push the fact of loyalty and friendship so much it's annoying we got it Sam is a good friend no need to have half the dialogue rehash out that fact .
Aside from the battle scenes which are excellent this film is not all it's cracked up to be .
Send your hate mail to Harmon .

Spiderman :
The overall film felt weak like something's were out of Place I revisited this film recently and it's not one thing to put your finger on it's just the feel is all wrong
I wanted to like this movie one of the various mistakes they made I think the first mistake was introducing Mary Jane Watson into the story so soon and not casting someone hot to do it That chick is Raggedy Looking sorry .

Titanic

Nostalgia is a mother fucker and that's all this film represented to me the funniest part is the band playing during the chaos of the boat sinking that cracked me up other then that I didn't care I know it was a tragedy and all but the film is cheesy from the Enya inspired back ground singing all made to ram a feeling down you throat whatever .


Office Space :

Attention just because you work in a cubicle does not mean you have to like his film 13 pieces of Flair really I wanted to laugh and it just didn't happen.

Napoleon Dynamite


Halloween is upon us and I am waiting as I did last year if I see any one dressed as that Character I 'm going to Violate there civil rights , Plain and simple .
You have to work to laugh at the film why should I work to find your film funny it's drivel I remember when I rented this crap The guy at Blockbuster was like yeah man this is hilarious I should of known better because he was one of those Uptown artsy fartsy types and above all he was 20 years old can a 20 something have enough taste to know if something's any good .
Anyway After about 15 minutes of this shit flick I had enough, I took it back and threw it at the counter and warned him not to push this film ever again .

Forrest Gump


Tall tales for stupid people I like when Forrest and Pecos Bill hog tied Babe the blue ox .
This film was a perfect example again of Hollywood's love for there own brand of Political Nostalgia I didn't understand the purpose of this film aside from it being Brain rot .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need like, a Grammar check, dude.

balddee2 said...

You said dude .

Anonymous said...

In spite of the grammar, I enjoyed these reviews. Baldee, you are a diamond in the rough.

-J-

Anonymous said...

Totally concur with you on Sideways, I watched that movie and was wondering the whole time 'am I supposed to be amused by this?'.

10lees

balddee2 said...

Thank you for not blasting me on the grammar.
My keyboard was on the fritz so I do apologize about the lack of punctuation on that blog .
As for the movies Sideways is the most pretentious piece of crap I have ever seen If I had to choose, I think overall the worst 2 films on my list would be Sideways and Napoleon Dynamite.
I mean you really have to be indulging on some really strong drugs to enjoy those 2 films your thoughts .