Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Reunion Most Bitter

- Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Site of the 2006 World Cup. Recently.

Bodie - You? What are you doing here?





Johnny Utah - I've...I've come for you. Bodie...






Bodie - To arrest me? That was a long time ago man. And I go by Nedved now. I'm an international futbol star.




Johnny Utah - I didn't say I was going to arrest you. I just want some answers. And isn't this soccer? Cuz you know I used to play football for Ohio State. I was really good. Remember you complimented me...


Bodie - Answers huh? Answers are like the ocean man. You gotta be like the ocean.



Johnny Utah - I don't know if that makes sense.






Bodie - Be like the ocean. Why did you follow me here?




Johnny - Do you remember? Back on the beach? Just the two of us talking as the sun died in the west? Do you?







Bodie - ...





Johnny - I do man. I do. You taught me how to be a man that summer.





Bodie - Look I have to practice man. I have to be ready for my match.



Johnny - I hate you. What have you become?






Bodie - I need to stretch here. Oh, hey Lubo.








Johnny - Where did you go! I searched all over.






Bodie - I've done a lot of things. Things I'm not proud of. Just to get by. To find that rush. That thrill. I thought you understood.








Johnny - What have I done? I quit my job to find you. It became an obsession. I was an F....B.....I....AGENT! And now I'm just a man with no future.



Bodie - What about the girl? Maggie?




Johnny - She left me for my partner.






Bodie - The guy who looked like Gary Busey?






Johnny - Yeah. Turns out it really was Gary Busey. He was doing some research for a role and I got confused or something. I dunno. It hurts too much to think about. It's like you said, she's like the wind...



Bodie - Dont' sweat it. I thought she was kinda Fug myself.




Johnny - Do you even like girls?






Bodie - Are you kidding? Here take a look at this. I'm all man.








Johnny - What is this Glamour Shots?






Bodie - There's no bigger rush than holding your lady in your arms. Shirtless. While a teenager with braces takes pictures of you at the Jacksonville East Mall.



Johnny - You've changed.






Bodie - Be like the ocean. I have to go.




Johnny - That doesn't make sense! Remember the football? The real kind? In America on the sand and stuff! Doesn't that mean anything? What do you think of me?



Bodie - I think you're awesome Johnny Utah. 100% Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This almost made me laugh.

-X

MF said...

that's our aim here - to almost entertain. #1 line that I considered adding but didn't due to time and content restraints..."Nobody puts Baby on a corner kick!"