Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Softball and the Movies - An Ongoing Saga

Baseball and hot dogs.

Bird Poop and BMWs.

Softball and the Movies.

Some things are just meant to go together.

Lately I haven't been able to focus on much other than softball and Anchorman. Don't know why....Okay I do. I love softball and I just watched Anchorman for the 5th time in 6 months the other day.

Anywho I can't get the quotes out of my head from the movie AND I pretty much have a constant loop of my at bats running through my noggin the rest of the time. So I'm combining the two into a fantastic recap of the ol' monday night softball game.

"Maybe you should stop talking for a while Champ"

To Remo for his rambling dissertations about softball strategy that generally are the opposite of what a good team would do. Fantastic stuff.

"Milk was a Bad Choice!"

To JB for drinking anything after taking a wicked hop to the area rappers like to call his "grill".

"You ate an entire wheel of cheese and then pooped in the fridge? I'm not even mad...that's amazing!"

To Mule for making two sliding stabs at nasty grounders 30 seconds apart from each other. He was 1 for 2. Which was roughly 9000 percent better fielding then we had all last year.

"I'm a pretty big deal...People know me."

To Greggy for his monster homerun into the wind.

"I'm just gonna put this out there and you do what you want with it...I want to be on you."

To our Ump who has made it abundantly clear that he likes umping games in the summer because of all the hot chicks in the crowd. He doesn't seem to mind that most of these women are either really young OR related to the team in some fashion.

"I am in a glass cage of emotion!"

To Chaz, for bringing all the intensity needed for the entire team.



"News Team, let's hunt!"



To Greg and me for finally saying fuck the wind let's hit some homeruns and then doing it.

"Aw c'mon, this getting rigoddamndiculous!"

To our entire team getting destroyed by a solid but unspectacular team.

"Mr. Burgundy You have a Gigantic Erection!"
"Don't act like you're not impressed."


To everyone still adjusting to wearing a nutcup and adjusting it roughly 112 times a game. It's the pleats.

The Sex Panther cologne Award goes out to our entire team as well. Post game beer and nachos were consumed despite our team easily qualifying as "pungent" thanks to sweat, general odors and rain.

"What smells like the inside of a prosthetic leg?"

1 comment:

balddee2 said...

Wow
That's Baby making music right there