Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Disturbance in Nerdom

One of my long time buddies is changing his views on a lot subjects that are important to the very existence of Geekness .

I mean this guy puts the erd in Nerd but those days are fading and so is my patience for his blasphemy.
( Pardon I started to lose it on that one, anyway )

His comments lately have been down right insulting to some truths that I hold sacred, so sacred that ending our friendship is the only way (or I could slay him ? Anyway ) .

He claims that even though he is now not into the topics below he still thinks he should keep his nerd status I don't think so .again should I slay him ?


Is it Possible to be a nerd if you Don like Comic Books ?
Is it possible to be a nerd if you don't like Star Wars , Lord of the Rings or
The Matrix ?
Is it Possible to be a nerd if you don't like Anime ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes to all of the above. but i must say, your friend must be a woman. b/c i'm a nerd and i dont like those things. and yes, i am a woman.

there are many levels of nerd-dom. perhaps i'll expound on this at a later time. for now, i'm going to go create today's "to do" list so i can shuffle everything around and create post-its to place in prominant places to remind me of these things i need to do.

dr g

balddee2 said...

You have given much to think about .
Maybe I need to rethink my own Nerdness.

Thank you dr g

Anonymous said...

My Bald friend. If male then no, they cannot be a nerd, or a geek, or a dork for that matter. every decade or so being "nerdy" becomes sheik again, so much so that people with 20-20 vision will start wearing glasses and Weezer shirts. but once everyone has forgotten who Seth on the OC is the only true nerds will still be locked in our dank basements praying for re-runs of sailor moon.