Friday, April 28, 2006

Rain brings memories

a few years Back on a day like this. y'know springy but with that constant rain we got goin on - the kind of hopeful-nes of spring mixed with the sadness of the rain right? day like that. i was comin outo f a show at the triple rock in minneapolis and it was late. there was a drizzle like this coming down and the air had that wormy feel to it. y'know? the smell of the worms and the earth and all that country shit you don't normally get in town? that smell is awesome at 2 in the morning. wwhen all you been breathing for the past 6 hours is smoke and stripperperfume and dity bathrooms with a plugged toilet and shit? it's fucking awesome man. get that smell.

i came out of the show and sat on the curb for a bit. i not gonna lie i was pretty fucked up. Iwas at the show with two girls. I was trying to get with the one and trying not to piss off her friend all night. I was trying to get 'em drunk cus her friend was kind of a bitch. Not in a bd way just uptight that night. i don't know if she liked me or what.

all nights i'm buying drinks for the girls and myself and i'm good to go cus my 'stang is in the shop so I know I don't have to drive. For last call i picked up all them drinks, like 2 for each of us ( I know the bartender so she hooked me up) and went back to where we were standing. I set the drinks up on a rail but I couldn't find 'em. i just watched the show and drank down my shit. then i looked around and saw the girls comin out the bathrrom. my girls friend looked like she was sick or some shit. total wet blanket. and they headed out. so i'm standing there with a fuckin sweet show wrapping up and i got all these drinks. so i hammered 'em down. i felt a litle queer drinking the girls drinks - they wer totally chick drinks. i usually stick to beers or stiff drinks like appletinis and shit but i wasn't gonna just waste em.

so the show ended and i'm blitzed and standing outside having a cig in the rain. breathing that fresh air. it felt good. at the time i lived like 9 blocks from the ROCK so i was just gonna walk home right? but I see this smokin hottie sitting on the curb by herself. i couldn't believe it. so i go and sit down next to her at first she wasn't real talkative but i just hung out, offered her a cig and chilled. she was bombed too. waiting for a ride from her dad or some shit. i wasn't trying to pick her up at all, just like hanging with hot chicks when i cann y'know? so we talked about the rain and the spring and the show and stuff. it was cool man. just chill as all shit.

i was gonna wait until her dad show up but i was startin to feel like shit y'know? i mean i knocked back 6 drinks in like 20 minutes or whatever. usually i don't puss out but i was fucked up before them drinks man, afterwards i was just fuckin like whatever. i had to go, i knew i was gonna focking toss my shit but i didn't wanna leave the chick. it was just so peaceful. y'know like that dick commercial now with the two old fuckers in the bathtub watchin the sun come up? that's what me and that chick were like. HARM or MULE would call it beautiful but i got a dick. so i was torn and shit. i staid to long. i tried to get up and go but i stumbled on the curb and cought a whiff of her cig and it just nailed me. I kakked in her hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is strangely reflective for Todd Dancer...