Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I like L.A.

I stayed over at Carl's and Brenda's place the night before I had to Leave L.A they had a barbeque for me and a couple of other people from the class who were going back home now that the Class is over .

( For any new Readers I was in an Anger Management Class for a couple of weeks )

Carl is a great guy and Brenda is a nice lady and smart and she made a lot of Progress when we were Class.

" Yeah Brenda was the Angry one in there relationship ".

I don't think I have ever been to a barbeque where there was so much Fucking Tofu good gracious it was fine, but man can I get a STEAK nothing like partying with a bunch of recovering Angry people / vegetarians that reminded me that for this one evening they were saving me from having Super Smelly Shit and MEAT INDUCED BALL SACK ODOR ha good times indeed .

So during the course of the barbeque we all decide to sneak up the hill where the famous Hollywood Sign resides since they live a block away from the fucking thing.

Something about sitting there at the cusp of dusk listening to Massive Attack
( That's all Carl will listen to ) watching the City was beautiful and sad I can see why they make flicks here, the sight can inspire, it makes you to want to do something cinematic . Carl rambled off how many Movies have used Mezzanine as there soundtrack, I just sat there in awe of the City I never really take in my surroundings I will try to change that once I return home .

You sit there and watch the sky change color it was beautiful until you realize that the change in color of the sky was mainly due to the fucking Smog L.A is not the place for Asthma suffers .

The best thing about a bunch of tipsy people is the geek in other people starts to surface all sorts of silly conversation, Sarah and Fritz yeah his name is Fritz (I think he was from Amsterdam) starts to come out talking about Vampires, which triggered memories of the Lost Boys for me and that kind of freaked me out for a second , love the sweet sweet booze the Conversation got heated cause someone threw in the race topic
" Can White writers ever do a Black Superhero Justice without him being a thug " Which I will blog about at another day . that GOT UGLY .

As the sun continued to set someone talked Carl into changing the music and as if Massive Attack was keeping the last remaining flickers of the sun up in the Sky, the change of music brought the City's night lights into full spectrum slowly they began to creep into supremacy over the last inkling of natural light .

The intro of Riders of the Storm came on . I smirked .

And had another Beer I like L.A .


<

No comments: