Tuesday, December 12, 2006

call me cheap

but when i see free food, no matter how stuffed i am, i will force it down. perhaps it was all those suppertime parental lectures about not leaving broccoli on my plate, but when it comes to leftovers, treats and the good ol' continental breakfast, i must eat as much as possible.

this morning i walked into our office and they had a beautiful continental breakfast laid out for all building residents. silver carafes of REAL coffee, danishes galore, and hell, even strawberry cream cheese. i had already enjoyed a hearty breakfast of peanut butter on pancakes and a large cup of joe around 8am. but the full tummy did not stop me from rushing the bagel tray and bumping elbows with the media tech department at the coffee table.

so here i sit, with uneaten plate of food at my desk. the coffee really is fabulous. side note: i struggle with craptastic coffee. i refuse to drink that pre-packaged, 8 O'Clock brand brewed at 7am by sylvia the taste-bud-less exec admin. when i get in at 9:30, that coffee is as skunky as if pepe le pew coaxed the machine himself. anyway, i digress...

call me cheap, but the free food is what i live for. i have gotten a few raised eyebrows in my life. some directed at my frugalness, some at my choice to reverse commute to work. but i think, if you put two and two together, you get to work at a company that cares enough about it's employees to provide the occasional festive free meal.

a token of our esteem for you! eat, santa... eat!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't survive at my work, lots of food all day long. Free cafeteria lunches everyday, which are really just leftovers of 4 star buffets and banquets. I mean, you can't beat it!!

10lees