Thursday, March 30, 2006

Baseball is Fucking Nigh



It goes without saying that a large part of the conception of this little page in the blogosphere is directly attributable to the Minnesota Twins, and to a lesser degree Major League Baseball. I guess I can't say that it goes without saying anymore now that I've said it. Vexing. But I'm willing to press on.

Mule and I have a little bet going to see who can call the Twins record month to month throughout the year. Whoever wins at the end is treated to some prime seats at the dome. The loser pays for the seats and beer and as many nachos as I can eat. I say "I" because I will dominate Mule in this competition. I have no doubts. Mostly because he's an idiot but partially because I am not.

So...how's the first month looking? Tough schedule for our boys methinks. The Twins spend most of the month on the road. That's not so bad. But they also spend most of that month on the road playing top ten teams in the league. That...kinda sucks donkey dick. To be honest a .500 record in the first month wouldn't be terrible. Even slightly below .500 would be manageable. The Indians and Shite Sox (Mule prefers White Sux but really it's just a variation on the same theme) are worse than they were last year. This is due to the Indians losing some decent pitching and also due to the expiration of the Shite Sox's one year deal with the devil. They got so lucky last year that I'm still not comfortable discussing it without rapping my fist on a table or punching a wall. Up until last year the Baseball Gods kept them in their place. They weren't worth paying attention to, heck I think they had to bus fans in to the south side for the world series just to make it look like they have fans. I think the people were told that they were going on a tour of the Russel Stover candy shops or something and got tricked into a Shite Sox home game. But for some reason last year they were given a free pass and got every break in the book along the way. Still bitter about it. I hates them. So anyway they'll not be doing much this year. And if Mule and I can contribute to the cause by going to a few home games and mocking the Shite Sox bullpen or dugout then so be it. We'll be there. And we'll be bringing our friends mr miller and mr pabst. and possibly the bear from hamms.

Twins Record for the month of April
14-10

2 comments:

dr gonzo said...

part of the reason for my chicago habitation is to check out the rivalry that will no doubt happen whithin the next season. already, work is getting stiky with pent up rage (which festers like old guacamole). i threw in my special spice by notifying everyone that i'm a Twins fan first and a Cubs fan second (that's how i know what pent up rage smells like).

so whilst you boys heckle from afar, i get to roll up my sleeves and give my middle finger a work out this season. good thing i live on the north side...

MF said...

I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere God lets you into heaven automatically if you smite 5 Sox fans. The tough part is finding 5 Sox fans. I've only seen 4 to this point.