Friday, February 17, 2006

Spectacular Failure

...I know it well.

So, to begin, you may have noticed that we had planned a weeklong Twins bar fight thing. You may have also noticed that we had only one post that actually had any fighting going on. Sure, we had a post hyping the fantastical wonderland that was to be this week's posts, but we didn't really have any posts to warrant that sort of quasi-advertisement. Spectacular failure... welcome home my friend. You've been gone far too long. I haven't seen you since the last time I tried to hammer out a screenplay over a long weekend.

There were some mitigating factors that contributed to us not actually doing what we planned. Mule got sick. Then I got sick. And we are of the "sit alone quietly suffering" ilk when it comes to sickness. No unnecessary steps taken. On Wednesday I spent nearly the entire day on my couch alternating between reading a solid if unspectacular book and watching season one of Battlestar Galactica on dvd. In it's own way it was fantastic, but the idea of sitting at a computer and actually thinking was a little beyond me. So I mailed it in. And now I've lost my notes on the brackets and whatnot. And believe me, there were copious notes. Jokes about Juan Castro trying to snap Super Joe's knee, about Cuddy being jerked around by the coaching staff (not that he doesn't deserve it). I actually did research on this stuff. And I hate research. But I believe it was not meant to be. And plus, Spectacular Failure has taken up residence on my couch for the past few days and he said he wouldn't leave until I explained this stuff to you people. It's not that I want to do it, but he keeps on tivoing late night cinemax movies and drinking my beer. Mr. Failure has got to go, he's getting me in trouble with the Little Lady.

I'm sitting here drinking some Irish Breakfast tea and I'm still shivering because winter decided to show up in Minnesota again. It's been a while. Most days I don't even wear my coat into the office. Today I had my scarf wrapped ninja-style across my face and about 1 square inch of exposed skin showing. I'm sure by noon I'll be all warm again and then I'll run outside for lunch and start the whole deal over again because I am an idiot. I've got Stevie Wonder rocking out on my speakers and that makes me feel a little better. Songs in the Key of Life - the second album. It's hard to feel like crap when Stevie's singing and putting the funk down on this junk town.

So, for the six people actually fired up to read anything about the Twins this week I apologize. If it makes you feel better you should know that we were going to have TC Bear kick Nick Punto's ass. A lot of people don't know this but TC Bear put up an .817 OPS at AAA and I think he would have broken Punto's clavicle just on intimidation.

No comments: