Tuesday, November 21, 2006

martha? is that you?

so i'm obsessed with tupperware. its everywhere. in my cube at work, in my drawers at home, on the floor of my car, even in my purse. little square containers that hold graham crackers. big round containers for soup. sandwich holders, m&m boxes, you name it!

i find it soothing to plop leftover stuffing into the appropriate sized container and snap on the lid. i realize this is a tad OCD, but when i dont have the right size at hand, i will wash a dirty, more apt storage device, even if it is crusted over. how joyful i become when i look into my fridge and see the shining rows of food - glowing away in their dull milky facades.

of course, i always store the biggest ones on the bottom. whether it's clean containers being put away in the cupboard or fresh and full containers placed in the fridge, bulky goes on the bottom! it's a mantra of sorts. a calculated methodology, if you will.

for that reason, thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! so many beautiful leftovers to box up and send off with people in nice, even layers. so many ways to use my brand new seasonal tupperware (bought on special at the container store in hues of red and green). i expect this year will be the topper of my tupperware tittering. they say alliteration is gratuitous, but they also say tupperware is gratuitous, and how i disagree!

this year, grandma bought the normal sized turkey, prepared the normal amount of stuffing and cranberry sauce and pirogies... and this year, almost everyone canceled. and so the 30 lb bird will be cut up into equal parts and distributed to the remaining family members for home consumption. a great task for any human! but i welcome this challenge! yes, i shall stuff my face along with everyone else. yes, i shall watch football and rub my belly. and yes, i shall help divvy up all thanksgiving accoutrements accordingly.

and when it's time to bid farewell, i shall ask, would you like red or green?! happy holiday!

1 comment:

MF said...

I shall take pirogies in green please.